High Threat Vehicle Engagements
Law Enforcement & Military Training Course
88 Tactical’s High Threat Vehicle Engagements course is an intermediate to advanced course in responding to close range, high-threat incidents in, through and around vehicles. The curriculum is based on high-probability and high-risk real world incidents and the study of human survival behavior under duress.
Students will learn how to mitigate incidents not covered in conventional academy and in-service training and will build an intuitive understanding of the dynamics of fighting around vehicles and real world vehicle ballistics.
- High Threat Vehicle Engagements PowerPoint focusing on pre-attack indicators
- Non-traditional shooting techniques applicable for work in and around vehicles.
- Vehicle ballistics and how to use the cover your vehicle has to offer while working to gain a better position.
- Vehicle approach techniques that maximize officer safety and minimize suspect advantage.
- Strategies for survival when you are engaged by gunfire at the suspects vehicle.
- Strategies for neutralizing lethal assaults that occur before you have exited your patrol vehicle
- Managing the complex environments that occur during vehicle takedowns and pursuit terminations
- Vehicle occupant intervention/extraction methods
High Threat Vehicle Engagements drills will incorporate:
- Threat recognition
- Officer safety and readiness procedures that reduce the chance and effect of criminal assault
- Non-traditional shooting positions
- Dynamic maneuver out of and around vehicles
- Single and multiple officer live-fire drills
All 88 Tactical training courses built on the core concept of Reality Behavior-Based Conditioning® (RBBC). RBBC was developed from this maxim: “the study of behavior is as important as the study of tactics.” 88 Tactical courses condition an appropriate crisis response that maximizes performance while working with, instead of against, a person’s survival-oriented instincts and intuitions.
- High Threat Vehicle Engagements (End User) | 2-3 Days
- High Threat Vehicle Engagements Instructor* | 4-day
*For the instructor course, students will be tasked with developing shooting drills based on video analysis of a real-world incidents. These drills will be presented during class for review and validation. At the end of the course, the student will have all the material necessary to provide in-service training to their agency.
The required equipment varies per class. The equipment list will be sent via email after registration.
Current law enforcement or military credentials are required (**Unless the course is designated as Open Enrollment).
If your agency is interested in hosting a class, please contact Aaron Guzman at (507) 884-5193 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Host agencies will receive free seats for each course.