Basic Home Defense
Home Safety Training Course
Basic Home Defense, the first course in our Fighting in Structures series, is a 4-hour course that teaches participants how to defend their home in a variety of crisis events such as
- Home invasion
- The realities of crime in and around the home
- Prevailing mindset
- Use of force and the legalities of defending your home
- Conventional security measures: doors, windows, locks, lights, and alarm systems
- Safe storage of guns and ammunition in the home
- Developing an emergency response plan that involves the whole family
- Basic use of cover and concealment and when defending the home
- Basic flashlight and weapon mounted light engagement
- Home defense drills: outside the home, at the door, at the breach, and in the house
- Dealing with the police after an event
Students will then practice skills and drills to deal with a wide variety of situations focusing on defending the home and loved ones against a variety of threats.
The Basic Home Defense course will end with each participant completing one or more reality-based scenarios simulating a home defense situation. This course is interactive, making use of shot indicating laser training pistols and training projectiles (airsoft) against real people, and does not include live weapons or ammunition in the training. This class is appropriate for the whole family (age 13+ is encouraged to attend). This course can also be taught in your own home. Call for more information.
88 Tactical Courses
All 88 Tactical training courses are built on the core concept of Reality Behavior-Based Conditioning© (RBBC). RBBC was developed from this maxim: “the study of behavior is as important as the study of tactics.” 88 Tactical courses condition an appropriate crisis response that maximizes performance while working with, instead of against, a person’s survival-oriented instincts and intuitions.
RBBC training is a paradigm shift designed specifically for individuals and organizations to more proactively respond to the threat of workplace violence, home invasion, an active shooter event, or terrorist attack.
- All training guns will be provided; No live weapons or ammunition will be involved
- You may bring accessories suitable for a Glock 17 such as a holster, or weapon mounted light
- Flashlight and/or weapon mounted flashlight
- Notebook and pen or pencil for notes
- Comfortable clothes, shoes, and a sturdy belt suitable for light physical training
- Airsoft projectile protection: loose clothing that covers the body, neck, hands, and groin protection
- Protective headgear (mask/goggles) will be provided
Students age 13 and up must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. The student or parent/legal guardian signing the waiver must have a valid government issued I.D. Students should be familiar with handguns and able to follow the main rules of gun safety.
The required equipment is available for rent or purchase prior to class.
*Lunch, dinner and snacks are available for purchase at the Ammo Box Café inside the Range & Readiness Center.
Students who cancel or re-schedule a minimum of 72 hours prior to the start of a class will receive a full refund or credit applied toward future classes. Students who cancel or re-schedule less than 72 hours in advance or “No-Shows” will result in forfeiture of 50% of payments and fees. 88 Tactical reserves the right to cancel any course offered due to weather or unforeseen circumstances. If this happens, all students will receive a full refund or credit applied to another class.